Just messing around with the alien designs from Xenowar. I love the "blocky" in game graphics that remind chess or other boardgames. Tried to imagine what they would look like if they were some more realistic.
First alien from left to right;
- Green, the generic alien in every game.
- Hornet who seek targets or guard key points,
- Jackal which uses high rate of fire explosive weapons. They can blast through a city or take down civilian units very quickly.
- Vipers are like the snakeman of Xenowar.
- The Squid have psi powers. With a successful psi attack the alien AI will get updated with the location of all the units on the Terran/Civ team. They can then aggressively home in on units they couldn't previously see.
- Spitter shoots a relatively low power green ray attack. Any Civ killed by the attack, becomes a Crawler. (something like a purple crab.) Every turn there is about a 40% chance the Crawler will metamorphasize into a Spitter.
Reference sheet to the aliens is here